Wednesday, September 17, 2008

There is more....

"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed."
-Christopher McCandless a.k.a Alexandar Supertramp

I really like this quote. Lately I have been reading "Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne (The quote is not from the book). I really enjoy what Shane has to say in his book. He basically talks about how we as Christians need to not only say we are living for Christ, but actually live for Christ. I know this makes total sense and I'm not saying I didn't know this until after reading the book, but he puts it in a whole new light. Reading this book has showed me a few things. Them being....

I have not been living my life in Christ to the fullest.

There are real ways to live for Christ and it will show

I don't need money and a bunch of materialistic crap to be happy.

I'm tired of living in sin as many of us do.

Since I have found these things out I have been thinking a bit about them and how to change my life for Christ completely. This isn't going to be very easy. I've become so submerged in the America culture that I don't have any idea where to start. I'm still in the middle of trying to figure out what to do after this semester and how to spend the rest of my life. Any one reading this, I hope you will pray for me and share any advice you might have for me.

-Tim!



No comments: